Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Compatibility speed issues between Nighthawk X8 R8300 and Galaxy S9 plus

Nukeman10
Aspirant

Compatibility speed issues between Nighthawk X8 R8300 and Galaxy S9 plus

I just bought a Galaxy S9 Plus and have found that when it connect to my R8300 it will only connect a 54 gigabit per second on the 5G. I also own an R 8500 and it connects just fine over 500 gigabits second. With all the testing I've done I have found that there seems to be a compatibility problem between the Nighthawk X8  R8300 model and my brand new Galaxy S9 Plus. Has anybody else connected these two specific models together. I have other phones and other devices that connect at a much faster rate than this specific phone the Galaxy S9 Plus. Please let me know if you've run into this exact problem. It's only connecting at the rate of a 2.4 speed, basically the old G speed.

Model: R8300|Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Nukeman10
Aspirant

After performing a full reset and reloading all configuration problem sovled. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Nukeman10,

What is the firmware version of the router?

What is the channel of 5Ghz on R8300 and R8500?

Message 2 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

Both Routers, R8300 and R8500 are at 1.0.2.116. The channels of the R8300 I've tried several. But currently the 2 5GHz are at 36 and 2nd one at 149. But again, tried them at others. It's odd, I'm a computer eng. and this really looks like a compatibility issue. Can you help answer my concern about the chipset differences between both models.? 

I always move my routers up to latest. Can you post an old one for me to try?

Neil

Message 3 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

I have to say I am very disappointed. I own 3 Netgear hight end routers in my house, 2 of which are Nighthawk X8 - R8300 and X8- R8500. For the amount of money I spent on these I should not have to feel luck that I even get support. I paind over $700 just for these 2 and find it crazy that the new Samsung S9+ phone I just upgraded to only connects and 54Gb speed. Only the R8300 has this issue. And it's just with the Samsung S9 models. I have a LG V20 and it works fine. I am about to change router companies if this doesn't get addressed and fast. BTW, I Work for a large SSD manufacture and this would ben handled much better by my support teams. I hope you see this and will help me. Neil

Message 4 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

Post like what? Some companies would quickly jump on this. Some don't know or didn't test for it and would show concern to resolve. But a big miss of miss of compatibility like this is unacceptable to be honest. Major brand to major brand. 

What's your solution? Live with it? 

How about a help the customer?  What a concept

Message 5 of 10
wrk24wheel
Aspirant

I too have the same configuration.  Not sure if you have found a resolution yet, but I just checked my Galaxy S9+ and am connecting on channel 44 at 526Mbps at -55dBm at over 30 ft from the router.  FYI - Build number for Galaxy (R16NW.G965U1UEU1ARBG)  This is a Samsung factory unlocked phone.  Could be the software on your phone from your provider?  I can't complain about the speed I am getting from my phone.  I have many other things I can complain about this P.O.S. router, but speed is definitely not one of them.

Model: R8300|Nighthawk X8 AC5000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

My Gaxaxy S9 + have a SW version close to yours wrk24wheel, but its Verizon so sure a bit diff.
I tried all channels and only connects at 54. As noted I also have a R8500 in my house and it has no issues. Lastly. My tablets and laptops and other cell phones connect to my R8300 perfectly fine.
I may have to factory reset and see what happens. 1 last bit of info, not sure it matters but this R8300 is in AP mode connected via ethernet to the R8500 which is the gateway/router, etc.
Message 7 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

After performing a full reset and reloading all configuration problem sovled. 

Message 8 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

Message 9 of 10
Nukeman10
Aspirant

Case, you've been doing this too long. You're the wrong guy to be talking to customers.  And that's what I am. But cause of you I will never buy a netgear product again. 

And it must be simple to say buy an iPhone. They make like 10 models. Not enough to call it interoperability .I don't recall  buying an iphone being a requirement to buying these near $400 routers. 

By the way, IPhones suck.

Later

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7