Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Complaint Charter

abs898
Aspirant

Complaint Charter

Hi there

Does anyone know how to formally lodge a complaint? I had an RMA approved and they have messed up my return. In short, my RMA shows I haven't returned the device but in reality I have. I am worried they will charge my credit card soon.

I have been calling the Technical Support in Australia every single day but they are as useless as a sack of potatoes.

(If it is a monitored forum, for Netgear's info, support tickets numbers are 44089333 ,44089307, 44042300 )

Thanks in advance

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Complaint Charter

Understand your concern from the view of cash management on credit cards used for online business of course. Not sure this requires a complaint yet, and unclear what you expect from the poor 1st level support people with daily calls. 

As a customer, I must admit Netgear has the not ideal behaviour to close tickets once a replacement unit is arranged, typically before it's shipped. The customer has no way to follow up if there is no sign of a tracking or shipping, if the returned device is lot in space (and of course shipping and tracking information is available). @YeZ please be so nice and pick this limitation up and notify the people in charge of the support processes - we've tried several times already.

Being member of the Netgear Powershift partner program, I don't remember having received any confirmation by Netgear's logistic partner that a return unit was received - the only proof we get is the FedEx or the like tracking. Luckily, I must admit we don't have many...

Convinced a moderator like @Christian_R will pick up your case.

Message 2 of 4
abs898
Aspirant

Hi @schumaku 

Thanks for your response. It is actually more complicated than just receiving a replacement device now, I didn't want to get into writing too much as it gets complicated. I am actually looking for an escalation charter where I can speak to someone outside the Gearhead support or L1 team because every time I call, have to speak to someone new and they don't understand what the problem is.

I will try to explain it here so maybe someone could help. I had a Standard RMA created and then was offered an Advanced RMA. They canceled Standard as they should because both RMAs were linked to the same serial number of my router. All good so far!

They dispatched a replacement under the Advanced, I received it and returned the defective via the return shipping label provided, again all good so far.

A few days later, I received another new router and that's when I started looking into what's happening, I didn't see a point in calling Netgear at this stage because they are close to useless and also very rude!

So turns out, the defective unit I returned got, the warehouse linked it to the standard return and reactivated it. Hence, sending me a new router because that's what you do in standard swap. Customer returns a defective and then you send a replacement. So now my standard RMA shows as 'completed'.

However, my advanced shows incomplete because technically they haven't received my defective unit (because it went towards standard).

Now I have 2 routers, once via advanced and another via standard. All I am trying to do is asking them to send me a return label so I could return a brand new router sitting with me. I am just worried because they have my credit card as collateral under the advanced return which is still incomplete.

Every time I call Netgear, it's this whole saga of explaining the over and over again, and only one out of ten understand what has really happened and they promise to follow it up with the warehouse and get back to me but that has not happened in the past 3 weeks.

Hope this explaing it well, soz for the long response.

Cheers

Message 3 of 4
abs898
Aspirant

Also - I am located in Australia

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation