Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Complaint

Gmargag
Aspirant

Complaint

My model is 6410.

I've just spoken to someone who hung up on me. I'm extremely unhappy with the product, the service I've received, the app and how unreliable the product is.

I'm incensed that someone would hang up on me when trying to get support for this.

I would like to log a formal complaint

Thanks

Guido
Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 6

Re: Complaint

@Gmargag wrote:
My model is 6410.

That's not a model number. Your footer says EX6400. Is that it?

@Gmargag wrote:

I've just spoken to someone who hung up on me. I'm extremely unhappy with the product, the service I've received, the app and how unreliable the product is.

Who did you talk to?

If you called a number that you found with a web search, that almost certainly had nothing to do with Netgear.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for phone-in support. It farms handles that through GearHead Technical Support, which supports all sorts of kit.

GearHead Support

Web searches can deliver results that scream "Netgear support" at the top but that turn out to be anything but. Using them can be dangerous, for your network and your bank balance.

New buyers can initiate a support call through MyNetgear.

If you login to mynetgear, can you see your device there?

MyNETGEAR | Login

If so, that is where to ask for support.

If you aren't eligible for free support, this place costs nothing.

That is also where you can start the process to replace things that have broken within the warranty period.

@Gmargag wrote:

I would like to log a formal complaint

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 6
Gmargag
Aspirant

That's the model number in the email I was sent by Netgear.

I did call them through the website as well.

Whilst I appreciate the response, try to sound a little less condescending. I added this post in the hope someone from Netgear would respond, as they have on other posts.

Message 3 of 6

@Gmargag wrote:
That's the model number in the email I was sent by Netgear.

6410 is not a Netgear model number.

Try feeding it into the Netgear system.

Look at the label on the thing.

@Gmargag wrote:

I did call them through the website as well.

As well as what?

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

There can be many reasons why a call was dropped on these world-wide call center systems. It's consumer level support, almost everything is handled based on scripts, Q&A, and standard processes. And then all on a best effort level.

Just to essential class wireless extenders make use of this number:

The community is happy to assist if we manage to bring your question to the appropriate community section. However, you need to provide much more information. Start with the correct model designation Seriously, it's printed on the product label available on the device and the box. What issue did you have with the product.

Curious what Netgear mentioned in the said email by the way.

I would also expect that a ticket was opened and some traces of the support case are available on https://my.netgear.com -> My Support ... permitting the product was already registered to your account.

Message 5 of 6

@schumaku wrote:

Start with the correct model designation Seriously, it's printed on the product label available on the device and the box.

model number

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7