Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Completely Useless Equipment And Service

jtcon40
Follower

Completely Useless Equipment And Service

DO NOT PURCHASE NETGEAR PRODUCTS!
Warning - faulty products and no competent technical support!
I purchased nearly $600 worth of "TOP OF THE LINE" Netgear products and my in home WiFi has NEVER BEEN WORSE.
The Router worked for less than 1 whole day before it started rebooting at least once every hour, which interrupts my entire home network for a minimum of 5 minutes.
For clarity, I have Gig Internet through Cox, and the modem reads 900+ speeds consistently.
I previously used the "Cox Whole Home Router/Modem Combo and maintained 200-300 MBPS Download speeds but the range wasn't great. So I "upgraded" to these products;
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Modem CM2000
$199.99
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX120)
$388.97
1st outreach - chat - instructed to persist specific DNS settings. The router rebooted about 13 minutes after that 'fix'.
2nd, I called - instructed to unplug from my standard surge protector and plug it directly into the wall. ???? Did not help in any way shape or form.
Final call - "Update the firmware"... as though I wouldn't have already thought to do this. Anyways - tried again at there behest to find that I had the latest firmware (obviously) so frustrated me hung up and started googling. I found that many others had the same issues - resolution was to disable AX Mode (the primary benefit of this router), I attempted that. Reboots went from once per hour to once every 2-3 hours (still unacceptable) but simultaneously took my 500-600 mbps speeds down to 50-60 mbps.
Final outreach to their team was to ask for a refund. They told me that the 1 year warranty (it's been one freaking week) could not be honored because we have not exhausted all trouble shooting steps... their next words "update the firmware, if that doesn't work factory reset”.
DO NOT BUY!!!
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
timberwolfny
Guide

Re: Completely Useless Equipment And Service

I completely agree. I have the orbi system rbr850 and it is a buggy mess that has constant disconnect. Worse system i have ever bought. Why did i sucumb to online reviews. Never has this kind of problem on asus routers throught 3 different upgrades. If you value your money do not buy netgear router.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Completely Useless Equipment And Service

My CM2000 and Orbi 8 series are working well for me. 

I recommend posting in the right forums for the Orbi AX, RAX and CM product lines if you want visibility. This forum is specific to the Nighthawk R 6, 7, 8 and 9 series router product lines. 

Good Luck. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7