Configuration for r9000 gigabit ethernet best wifi speeds?
Could someone kindly point me to or suggest configuration settings for the x10 to achieve faster wifi speeds? I have gigabit ethernet as of last night... 😏😏😏😏😬😬 And high wired speeds of 900mbps-1500mbps.but my wifi is hitting only 100 max.
Thx in advance
Re: Configuration for r9000 gigabit ethernet best wifi speeds?
Wifi is variable and a lot depends on the device you're testing with.
1. Are you testing on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 2.4 is slow but has futher range. 5ghz has higher throughput but shorter range. 2.4ghz is also more suseptable to interference because it transmits further and because more devices support it so there's more interference.
2. house material also matters with wifi. Brick, concrete, hvac do a great job of blocking signals.
3. Distance is another key factor. The further away the slower. How far from the router are you testing?
4. Again, device. What are you testing with. Try multiple devices.
5. Firmware on router?
6. You state your hardwired speeds are great. Awesome.
7. What channels are you on? You can do a channel scan (with a phone app or computer app) to fine the least congested channels to operate on. for 2.4ghz 1-6-11 is recommended.