Configure Router to accept Home Security System App

Drakee
Follower

Configure Router to accept Home Security System App

I have a problem that our Bosch Home Alarm remote app won’t activate again after a power cut or disconnection to our fibre. The security company has checked all our settings but is now saying it must be our router that is causing their signals to be ‘blocked’ and we need to identify this and have it deactivated. I’m at a loss to know where to begin.
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Configure Router to accept Home Security System App

@Drakee wrote:
The security company has checked all our settings but is now saying it must be our router that is causing their signals to be ‘blocked’ and we need to identify this and have it deactivated.

They would say that wouldn't they.

I'm afraid you'll have to say a bit more about this Bosch Home Alarm to get detailed advice. For example, reading between the lines this is a wifi thing. Is that correct?

What happens when the thing goes down?

There might also be better help out their in Internet land.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements