Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring Switch and Wi-fi Router in same network

hardikpatel172
Aspirant

Configuring Switch and Wi-fi Router in same network

Hi Team,

I have below setup presently as shown in below image. To describe the same internet cable is connected to a Cisco switch, which is connected to PCs in LAN (Wired). One output from Switch is connected to the input of wireless router Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 Smart WiFi Router Model # R6900. Wireless devices (laptops) are connected through wifi router. 

Every device has access to internet. However, I'm unable to run LAN softwares or unable to share any file from Devices Connected to Switch to Devices connected to Wifi. I can't ping any wireless device from wired device.

Can anyone suggest what are the settings that I should make or what are the steps I should follow that'll make both wired and wireless devices in same network.

P.S. Earlier I tried connecting internet to Wireless Router and then output from wireless router to switch, which solved this issue. But that slows down my internet speed in wired devices. So, is this possible to have all devices in a same network with the current setup ?

Network.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

Best, 

Hardik

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
hardikpatel172
Aspirant

Re: Configuring Switch and Wi-fi Router in same network

I did hard reset wi-fi router and configured it in Access Point mode which solved my problem.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
netwrks
Master

It should go as follows: ISP modem<------>wifi router<----->switch<-----> wired devices, all in the same subnet. DHCP enabled at one point only, in your network.

Ideally your switch and device can support gig, (1000Mbps). Ensure at least  CAT5e Ethernet is used between all your wired connection points.

Is the ISP device a modem only or a router / modem combo? If it is the latter, is the device bridged? 

Message 2 of 4
hardikpatel172
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried the way you have shown as mentioned in my problem statement and it works fine. My doubt is whether can we make some settings with the attached image's architecture and have all devices in a network ?

My Wifi Router is Nighthawk AC 1900 Smart WiFi Router -Model # R6900.

Message 3 of 4
hardikpatel172
Aspirant

I did hard reset wi-fi router and configured it in Access Point mode which solved my problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7