Connect remotely from genie app

Nunya2019
Aspirant

Connect remotely from genie app

In the genie app I'm able to connect locally. When I login to access the router remotely, no devices are available to select. From the local login, when I select remote access it says the router is already registered to another account. I bought this new and am the only one who has used it so I'm not sure what I've done wrong.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: Connect remotely from genie app

Can you see the router if you login to mynetgear.com?

@Nunya2019 wrote:
From the local login, when I select remote access it says the router is already registered to another account.

Where do you see this? In the browser graphical user interface?

There is support for the R6400s, including manuals, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6400 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

>>> R6400v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 7
Nunya2019
Aspirant

Yes. I can login from a web page. I went to advanced settings and enabled remote access there.

The issue is when I login from the app remotely the device is not there. The remote login has me use an email address to login, not a username. I'm able to login successfully, but there is no router to select. It says select a router to manage, but there is nothing for me to select.

In the app, if I login locally it uses admin as the username instead of email. Once I login locally, I click on remote access but it won't let me enable it because the router is already registered to another account.
Message 3 of 7

I repeat:

Can you see the router if you login to mynetgear.com?

MyNETGEAR | Login

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 7
Nunya2019
Aspirant

Yes. Is this what you mean?
Message 5 of 7

Looks right but I'm not familiar with that screen. I use the browser interface to manage these things.

Are you using the same login details for mynetgear as you are for remote access?

I have seen reports here of people who somehow ended up with two separate logins.

You refer to the genie app. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac application, or an Android/iThing app.

I would say that this is down to the "already registered" thing that prevents too many people from adding devices to their mynetgear account, but its seems that you got over that obstacle.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 7
Nunya2019
Aspirant

Using same username and password. I only have one login. Not sure what else to try.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E