Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connected devices icons no longer an option?

Russy
Aspirant

Connected devices icons no longer an option?

Hi All,

I've noticed that all my custom "connected devices" icons are gone and this doesn't seem to be an option anymore. Now all my stuff looks like generic cement blocks. Was this in a previous firmware update? Is it coming back?

Russ

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Hi Russ,

What firmware version is on your Nightawk router? One would assume it looks like the following one - content shown depends ie. on QoS enabled or not:

R9000 Attached Devices.PNG

Clicking on the device entries should bring up the edit options available, including the device type selection which does associate a symbolic image. Sometimes in the lifecycle on our routers we had to factory reset to get these lists showing up and accepting edit changes. Sigh. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hi Russ,

What firmware version is on your Nightawk router? One would assume it looks like the following one - content shown depends ie. on QoS enabled or not:

R9000 Attached Devices.PNG

Clicking on the device entries should bring up the edit options available, including the device type selection which does associate a symbolic image. Sometimes in the lifecycle on our routers we had to factory reset to get these lists showing up and accepting edit changes. Sigh. 

Message 2 of 5
Russy
Aspirant

Firmware is V1.0.9.26_10.2.31. One thing I did do was turn QOS off, is that the issue? Your pic is nothing but an orange triangle...

Message 3 of 5
Russy
Aspirant

It was indeed QOS, thanks! I re-enabled it and the icons are back...

Russ

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Russ,

Thank you for the confirmation.

It's kind of strange that there is a dependency between QoS and the per-device bandwidth. One would assume this information to be available without QoS (which does impact the performance) ie. when using the Nighthawk on very fast Internet connections. Another item to discuss with Netgear.

-Kurt 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7