Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting R7000 to WiFi Signal in an RV Park

jjbtwice
Aspirant

Connecting R7000 to WiFi Signal in an RV Park

Model - R7000 Firmware Version - V1.0.9.88_10.2.88 Operating System - Windows 10 To be used in an RV park in Mesa, AZ Hello! I would like to boost the otherwise weak wifi signal in the RV park I'm in. Is there a way for the R7000 to receive the wifi signal DIRECTLY, boost it and then, send it out for me to use on my laptop and tablet? If so, do you know where I can find "How To..." information? I was told I might need an outboard antenna to collect the wifi signal and send it wired to the Nighthawk. Any help you can give me is appreciated. jjbtwice
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jjbtwice
Aspirant

Re: Connecting R7000 to WiFi Signal in an RV Park

Thank you for your response.  I'll probably buy the equipment needed to help ensure that I get a stronger signal.  I appreciate you taking the time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Badock
Tutor

Your first problem is a weak wifi signal.  The only way to fix that is to use a directional antenna.  (A wifi extender would not be practical in your situation.)  A directional antenna is easy enough to build, if you're willing to try it:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-make-a-wifi-antenna-out-of-a-pringles-can-nb/

Or you can pick one up on Amazon or Ebay.  Next you need to get that signal into the WAN port of your router.  For that you'll need a wireless bridge adapter.  Lots of them on Amazon/Ebay and other sites selling electronics.  Ensure you pick one that can accept an external antenna

This will greatly improve your connection to the internet, but you should recognize that in an RV park, a _lot_ of people will be connecting to the wifi and that means overall service will likely be degraded.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
jjbtwice
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I'll probably buy the equipment needed to help ensure that I get a stronger signal.  I appreciate you taking the time.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7