• 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Connecting to 2.4 ghz

I have a security camera that only works with 2.4 ghz, and it seems I only have a wifi name and passwork for the 5ghz.  How do I get a name and password to connect to the 2.4 ghz?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Connecting to 2.4 ghz

Sign into your router and on the 'wireless' settings page, you will see the SSID/password for 2.4 GHz and then 5 GHz.  Use the values you find there (or change them).

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

I know this sounds dumb, but I have signed into my netgear account and do not see a wireless settings page option.  Where do I look for that? 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Virtuoso

In a web browser, go to: http://routerlogin.net (default user/pass is admin/password, unless you changed it).  Look for "Wireless Settings".

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

I tried changing the password for the 2.4 ghz and it completely disconnected everything in my house. How do I fix this now? This security cam is more trouble than it is worth.
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

You would have to tell every device connected to the 2.4ghz to forget the network and they have them connect to it again and enter the new password.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Repeat your prior steps and reset the wireless password back to the original password.

If your cam can not connect to your 2.4 with the SSID and password you see (and all other devices in the house do), return the cam.

Message 7 of 7