Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connectinig new computer

jwpeak
Tutor

Connectinig new computer

I have purchased a new computer (HP running Windows 10)  and want to connect it to my wifi.  In trying to connect it asks for the Network Key.  Even though I use the key on the bottom of the device, it says that it is incorrect.  Is there a way to reset the device?  If it is reset to the factory settings, will that make the Network Key valid again?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Connectinig new computer

If you hardwire into the router, you skip needing the wireless ssid/password. Then you can log into the device and view/change the ssid/password. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

Message 2 of 5
jwpeak
Tutor

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
jwpeak
Tutor

Okay, hardwired to router from new computer, was able to access internet and also update the router password.

I then removed the cord and tried to connect via the wifi.  The message is that there is no internet.  Our phones are connected, Alexa is connected, our TV is connected, but not the new computer.

The Internet LED is amber, which I don't believe it has been before.  I've restarted to router and then both the router and the modem.  The computer still won't connect to the wifi and has the same message that there is no internet.

What now?

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

what modem do you have? 

Did you go into your computer and forget the network and then try reconnecting it

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7