Connection Drops Out Overnight.

hawgit
Aspirant

Connection Drops Out Overnight.

I've been reading a few of these threads to see what everyone else has been seeing.
It's strange as heck, but it seems that overnight the router stops working. The next morning the signal seems like it's there, but no connection to the internet. This also happens to devices that are hardwired into the router. Cycling the power didn't do a thing. This seemed to happen after I upgraded to the new firmware. The only way I got it to work was to download my backed up config from a few days ago.
I've read that once I download and install the new upgrade, I need to reset it to factory default and then manually configure it again. If so, that may be my problem? After upgrading the day before, I didn't reset it, I just ran it. Resetting it does make good practice. I just didn't think of it.
Or is this a problem with other R7000? The upgrade? Or my ignorance?
By the way.......
The R7000 router is OUTSTANDING! I had another brand (top of the line gaming router) I used before this one. When I installed the Netgear R7000, it blew me out of the water! Signal range has increased dramatically. Everything about it was more than I could hope for.
"I CAN EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT FOR YOU!"
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Connection Drops Out Overnight.

I used .60 with out any disconnect problems. Remote VPN stayed up over 72 hours. I always try to factory default before updating firmware and don't use a backup made from a different FW version.
Message 2 of 3
hawgit
Aspirant

Re: Connection Drops Out Overnight.

Yep.... Dang.... I did everything completely different.
Thanks much. I'll give your way a shot.
"I CAN EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT FOR YOU!"
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E