Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection Issues

raydeo
Aspirant

Connection Issues

As a senior, I am highly frustrated and ready to return my new router to Costco. After working through some of the hiccups today, I am now unable to connect my ROKU 3 to the network (router). The ROKU boots up and freezes showing Not Connected and the remote will not allow me to arrow down to setup. When I took a 25 foot ethernet cable hooking from ROKU box to router, the Port 3 light is shining solid red and there is no connection with the ROKU box.

This happened this morning when I tried connecting the Canon Pixma MX870 to the router via ethernet cable - Port 4 had a solid red light and I had to revert to wireless access with printer/scanner. At least it works now although the thernet cable is still plugged into Port 4 with no light on.

What do I have to do on the router to make the Port 3 and 4 active - didn't need to do anything with the Dell PC or HP Laserjet (just plugged them in and they worked right away).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bruce

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
raydeo
Aspirant

Re: Connection Issues

What a difference a day makes.  Able to connect both the ROKU (wirelessly) and Canon Pixma MX870 Port 4 with both working. Still not sure why Port 4 has a red light versus Ports 1 & 2 at white but maybe due to age of printer not being able to communicate at higher speed.

Happy to say router won't be going back to Costco!

Thanks

Bruce

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

You haven't said which Netgear hardware is causing you grief.

Message 2 of 4
raydeo
Aspirant

Sorry Michael, I thought it would show up in the post since the model number was asked for. It's a Nighthawk X6 R7900 Tri Band.

Thanks, Bruce

Message 3 of 4
raydeo
Aspirant

What a difference a day makes.  Able to connect both the ROKU (wirelessly) and Canon Pixma MX870 Port 4 with both working. Still not sure why Port 4 has a red light versus Ports 1 & 2 at white but maybe due to age of printer not being able to communicate at higher speed.

Happy to say router won't be going back to Costco!

Thanks

Bruce

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7