Connection Issues

tvBilly
Aspirant

Re: Connection Issues

I don't want to run the R8000 in normal router mode, but I guess I could try as an experiment to see if that "cures" the problem. Maybe over the weekend. Is everyone (in this thread) who is experiencing the loss of routing problem running in Access Point mode?

I'm currently running the just released 90 firmware, but the problem is the same with both the 74 and the 90 firmware.
Message 26 of 28
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Garthman4,

You may try the new firmware.

R8000 Firmware Version 1.0.0.90

Bug Fixes
•Fixed wireless connection issues.
•Improved the system stability.

tvBilly,

Thanks for the info. You might want to try to run it as a full router mode just to isolate if it has the same problem.
Message 27 of 28
tvBilly
Aspirant

GarthMan4 wrote:
What firmware are you running? My R8000 is currently taking a break (prior one online as the family has demanded stability) so curious if .90 is helping the matter.

I'm running .90 now. Switched back and forth (.90 and .74) the other day and I didn't see much difference with the problem. I don't know what causes it, nor have I been able to see any pattern. I spent a day or so just changing different parameters to see if I could stop it from happening, or happen on a regular basis. Intermittent problems are always the worst to diagnose...

minions08 wrote:
Thanks for the info. You might want to try to run it as a full router mode just to isolate if it has the same problem.

I thought maybe the common factor might be that all of us experiencing the intermittent loss of routing might be running in Access Point mode, but GarthMan mentions he's been running in normal router mode. None the less, if I get a chance over the weekend, I'll put the R8000 into normal router mode and see if that fixes things. I need the R8000 to work as an Access Point in my setup, so this would only be for testing purposes (and the hope that if it makes a difference it might lead to a solution).
Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E