Re: Connection Problems with R8000

e9d1n4
Novice

This sounds a little circular -- support recommends the forums and the forums recommend support:

Please be informed that your R8000 comes with the following warranty from the date of purchase:

- 90 days basic technical support
- 1 year Hardware Warranty

Based on the product registrations, your device is no longer eligible for the 90 days free technical software support assistance from a support expert. Since the device is still within hardware warranty, you may contact our phone support (408-638-4327 or 1-888-638-4327) to perform a basic hardware check and determine if the device is still functional.

I also want to make sure you are aware there are other options available for you to utilize such as:

- Self-help web articles http://support.netgear.com/for_home
- NETGEAR Forums http://forum1.netgear.com

Any word on a firmware update?

Message 26 of 34
TANWare
Star

You are getting 60-85 megabytes per second throughput on the wireless?
Message 27 of 34
e9d1n4
Novice

Most recent firmware seems to have fixed the issue for me. So far, most (all?) devices are connecting and remaining connected.
Message 28 of 34
TANWare
Star

Cool, that was part of the change log, fixing connection issues with extenders.
Message 29 of 34
jrex
Aspirant

I purchaesd 1 would not connect to internet netgear tech support told me return it done. The 2nd R8000 router has same issues, this one will connect for about 2 mins the router lights all white but soon after reboot internet led goes orange! I have used netgear for years but looks like their problems with new products suggest poor quality and fact their tech support people barely speak any english broken at best. These two factors suggest its time to try another companies product.
Message 30 of 34
JamesGL
Master

Hi jrex,

Do you have a stable connection if your computer is directly connected to the modem? If you have not tried it, please check the modem and observe the connection.

Message 31 of 34
JamesGL
Master

Hi jrex,

Any updates if you have any stable connection from ISP?

Message 32 of 34
Ryrynz
Aspirant

We have this router set up as an access point at work. Every few weeks it'll just stop allow devices IP address.

We've reset it a number of times and each time this eventually happens. Not a good router, won't be recommending 

it to any customers that come into the store. I have the R7000 at home and it works beautifully.

Message 33 of 34
rodgerbeard
Aspirant

Got mine this morning and have been troubleshooting all day.  The first thing I did during install was downlaod the latest firmware which installed successfully.  But I am have exactly the same problem as discussed above.  I also find that only one of my two VoIP phones won't work now (my simple comsumer phone from OOMA).  Plus this router somehow loses my ISP's default gateway, routinely when appying new settings, and so my PC's internet connectivity is lost when walking thru the various pages on the router's own webpage: NEATGEAR genie (Nighthawk X6 R8000)  Windows 10 is smarter that the older Windows versions and so can fix but this symptom is very reproduceable.

Like most folks who would buy this router, I have dozens of wirless devices and none can connect.  Yes, I have a couple of extenders too but I haven't even tried to get them online yet.

I've configured the router as per previous suggestions in this thread, and tried a few other things too, to try to slow-down and dumb-down this router.  Like others, I'm finding that my wireless devices can a;; authenticate OK, but will hang and eventually timeoout waiting for an IP address.

Unfortunately my NETGEAR N900 died which is why I bought this Nighthawk Router (and a Nighthawk Switch which I haven't broken the cellaphane on yet) .  I'm going to return both to Amazon and look at alternatives.

I've plugged my computer directly into my modem, to surf the net and (sadly) find this thread.  Almost 2 years old BTW.  This was a very expensive router that I bought seeking quality and especially reliability.  I need to look for quality elsewhere I think.

This was NOT how I planned to spend my entire Sunday!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E