Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection loss Issue with R7000 and feature request/suggestion..

Demon666
Guide

Connection loss Issue with R7000 and feature request/suggestion..

Hello guys and girls 😉

First of all, I want to kick of here with the question what might be causing my issue of randomly dropping all connections of my R7000 router (on current latest firmware). It does this at random intervals, sometimes it takes a week to occur, sometimes more or a lot less and it happens a few times a day. Logging is not showing anything as logs are being cleared at reboot (not really usefull...).
There are as far as I can do troubleshooting no recurring events that trigger this annoyance.
The logging of the cable modem is not showing anything either, so that one is not helping either.

I know this is never going to be enough info to resolve this, but then again, you never know if someone pops a helping suggestion.

Second: one of the features I love or appreciate about this router is the fact you can block sites and the router then displays site blocked informational page. Allthough the primary goal of this feature is to block sites you entered in a blacklist it might be a nice addition if the webpage the router shows you actually states the site it's blocking and maybe, if possible, some more background information.
I know there are these bloody annoying URL's which look like A but redirect to B (and maybe C, D and so on...) and then you end up at a site on the blocklist. It would be a pleasure if the router then displays: URL A redirected to *blabla* which is on the blocklist.
Let's call it service 😄

Thanks anyone!

Grtz

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Connection loss Issue with R7000 and feature request/suggestion..

Hi Demon666,

Please check this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055563/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-28

Reset and reconfigure

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Demon666,

Please check this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000055563/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-28

Reset and reconfigure

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Demon666,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7