Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection

BiggFredd
Aspirant

Connection

I have a R6700v3 -
I can connect through hard wire but can't connect via wi-fi. I've checked my ethernet cables, even swapped them out but the same reaction. Power is also working. I see on the router I'm getting internet transmission (if that's said correctly) and I see the light on the router is white. However, I'm not seeing a light on the 2.4 ghz or on the 5 ghz on the router.
I turned on the guest networks and the light came on the router but I don't see it in networks on my phone or on my PC. They're just not showing up for me to comnnect.

Message 1 of 22

Accepted Solutions
BiggFredd
Aspirant

Re: Connection

Is this what you mean, the green lights? Screenshot 2022-11-28 125545.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 22

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to press any wifi front panel button for 5 seconds to see if this returns the wifi radios to operation.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

Message 2 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

No available buttons to press on the top. Only indicators.

Yes, I've powered off, along with the modem for one minute.

I've restarted network in sequence but No-Go.

I've not factory reset the router, but I will do it if you think it'll help. And what is a FW?

Message 3 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

FW = Firmware. 

Lets try the factory reset. Press the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser. 

Message 4 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

This is what's showingScreenshot 2022-11-28 122228.jpg

Message 5 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Check this, under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings, is both radios enabled and have a check mark next to Enable SSID Broadcast? 

Message 6 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

I've pressed the reset for 10 seconds. Now the router is lit up like it was before. How do I get a set up wizard? And my PC is on a hard wire from the router

Message 7 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

192.168.1.1 in a web browser...

Message 8 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

YesScreenshot 2022-11-28 123743.jpg

Message 9 of 22
Kitsap
Master

The second indicator in from the right side on the top is a combination indicator/switch.  It manually turns the Wi-Fi radios on/off.  Press and hold for two seconds to change the on/off state.

This switch does not get changed during a firmware default reset.  It stays in the same state as before the reset.

Message 10 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so now do you see the SSID broadcast on a device? 

@BiggFredd wrote:

I've pressed the reset for 10 seconds. Now the router is lit up like it was before. How do I get a set up wizard? And my PC is on a hard wire from the router

Message 11 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

Haha 😀 that got it !! Thanks a bunch, FURRYe38 (Guru). Everything is connected now. You definitely held that title of Guru.

Message 12 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

Is this what you mean, the green lights? Screenshot 2022-11-28 125545.jpg

Message 13 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 14 of 22

@BiggFredd wrote:

Haha 😀 that got it !! Thanks a bunch, FURRYe38 (Guru). Everything is connected now.

What got it working?

The message you tagged as the Solution does not tell us which message you followed to fix it.

Message 15 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe the factory reset and setup from scratch is what did it...

Message 16 of 22

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I believe the factory reset and setup from scratch is what did it...

Who knows?

The suggestion from @Kitsap seemed to be a better way to approach the problem, especially as @BiggFredd didn't realise that the LEDs were also switches.

It would have been better, and wiser, to rule that our before the nuclear option.

Message 17 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully he'll let us know...

Message 18 of 22
BiggFredd
Aspirant

The 2nd button from the right on top of the router. I must have accidentally hit it when I moved my router.

Message 19 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Kewl. Glad that worked. Thanks for letting us know. 

Enjoy. 😉

Message 20 of 22
Kitsap
Master

@BiggFredd wrote:

The 2nd button from the right on top of the router. I must have accidentally hit it when I moved my router.

You are not the first one and you will not be the last.  Also cats and grand kids are often the culprit.

Message 21 of 22

@BiggFredd wrote:

Thanks for that. It is as I thought, the suggestion from @Kitsap should have been flagged as the solution. Much easier than a massive reset.

It is the first suggestion to anyone with dead wifi. Are the LEDs on? If not, check the switch.

As they say, this is a common issue. Cats and infants have appeared here more than once as the culprits. I seem to recall that once it was a vacuum cleaner.

The problem starts with the design of those "buttons". They really need something to indicate that they are dual purpose.

And, as @Kitsap also says, the link between physical and "electronic" switches is counter intuitive. They aren't joined up. So what you see in the GUI may not relate to the LEDs.

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7