Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constant Disconnects - Netgear R6400 v2 - Router Mode - .71, .75, .80

dptraynor
Tutor

Constant Disconnects - Netgear R6400 v2 - Router Mode - .71, .75, .80

Hello!

I have experienced an issue with my Netgear R6400 (v2) in Router Mode. It works on reboot for a few minutes. Then it disconnects and the Nighthawk app reports it as offline if I check there. I have tested this on three different firmwares (10.0.71, 10.0.75, 10.0.80) and the issue persists regardless. I live in an apartment building so there are other routers present throughout the building.

Is there something I don't know about with the set-up that may alleviate this? Or is it most likely just a faulty hardware?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Does it self reboot? 

Message 2 of 9
dptraynor
Tutor

It does not. Once I notice the disconnect, I perform a reboot, and it works again for a short time.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to?

Message 4 of 9
dptraynor
Tutor

It's plugged directly into a wall outlet. Our apartment building has managed internet service with a provider called SingleDigits.

I'm not sure how to check the details of the gateway. But if it's something I can pull from the router admin page or my command prompt window then I will check it.

When other devices such as video game consoles or PCs are plugged into the wall outlet, they work just fine. They also work when connected to the ISP's wifi. But for security reasons I'd rather route them through this router.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

doesn't help with security but does the router stay stable in access point mode? 

Message 6 of 9
dptraynor
Tutor

Truth told I haven't used it in Access Point Mode because of the reduced functionality overall. 

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

It does reduce functionality. But it its worth trying. Its a challenge when you have a shared internet setup. 

Message 8 of 9
dptraynor
Tutor

I reset the router and this time I set it up in Access Point Mode instead of Router Mode.

It seems stable. More stable than when I had it in Router Mode.

So I think perhaps this is not a hardware problem. But a conflict in how I set up the router in Router Mode.

I wonder if I had the same IP address on my router as on the ISP modem... And if that was the problem...

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7