Re: Constantly rebooting Nighthawk r7000

Justxaddxwater
Aspirant

Constantly rebooting Nighthawk r7000

Bought the router less than 6 months ago. Worked fine at first then over time it would occasionally drop the WiFi and have to be rebooted. As time has went on, it’s begun to drop more frequently and reboot on its own. It’s doing this multiple times a day at this point. I’ve ensured the firmware is up to date, but now in addition to it just dropping completely and rebooting, it’s giving extremely low speeds (12.7 down 0.1 up) and has to be rebooted. When I reboot, I instantly get at least 75 up. 

Is is there a way to solve this issue or am I stuck rebooting ?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
jkinfo
Aspirant

Hmm, does the speed also drop when you connect to the router with a network cable? Are there a lot of other wifi routers nearby?

Message 2 of 4
Justxaddxwater
Aspirant

In all honesty, I’m not super tech savvy and haven’t used a cable on my laptop in months so I can’t say 100%; however, we do have an Xbox one connected via cable and there will be extreme lag or an actual disconnect that happens during, so I’d say yes. We do also live in a townhouse, so there are several routers within our vicinity.
Message 3 of 4
jkinfo
Aspirant

I see did you try this?

Many problems can occur after a firmware change if a proper reset is not done.

Press the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts to blink.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements