Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Control Centre not showing R7000 or printer

Charlieboylove
Aspirant

Control Centre not showing R7000 or printer

I have  Netgear R7000 Router and a Canon MG5150 Printer. I am running Win 10 with latest updates.

I have always been able to connect the to the printer via the Control Centre utility until about 2 weeks ago.

Previously when I opened the control centre the R7000 would show up in the pop up box with the printer listed beside it. Now when I open the Control Centre the router does not show up at all in the pop up box.

I have the latest firmware (V1.0.9.88_10.2.88). The printer works when connected directly to my laptop.

For other laptops/devices on my home network there is no problem.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer.

I have re-installed the drivers for the printer.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the control centre.

I have not changed any settings.

Any ideas as to why the router/printer is not showing up?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Charlieboylove
Aspirant

Re: Control Centre not showing R7000 or printer

IrvSp - thanks for the reply - yes it did work and it still works with other laptops on the network. It has now resolved itself and is working. Putting it down to a Windows update issue.

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 5

All Replies

@Charlieboylove wrote:

I have always been able to connect the to the printer via the Control Centre utility until about 2 weeks ago.

Connect how? Wifi?

Whose Control Centre utility? Canon?

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

By the way, you have tagged the A7000 in your footer. That is a WiFi USB Adapter. I assume that you have the R7000 router.

Message 2 of 5
Charlieboylove
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply Michael - I connect from the laptop to the router using ethernet but the problem remains when I connect using WiFi. The printer is connected to the router using a usb - the printer has no WiFi. The control centre is the netgear control centre utility.

Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

One question, did it ever work before?

IF yes, this is probably the problem, "I have the latest firmware (V1.0.9.88_10.2.88)."

Released recently and it has a LOT of problem reports. I suggest rolling back the firmware to V1.0.9.42, which many people think is the most stable and test. If it works, disable on the Router Update page AUTO-UPDATE so the latest one doesn't re-install.

Message 4 of 5
Charlieboylove
Aspirant

IrvSp - thanks for the reply - yes it did work and it still works with other laptops on the network. It has now resolved itself and is working. Putting it down to a Windows update issue.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7