Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Customer complaint - I mean I AM SERIOUS!!! Netgear - please allow me to post this problem

vpillai
Follower

Customer complaint - I mean I AM SERIOUS!!! Netgear - please allow me to post this problem

Unable to seek assistance with my netgear product simply because the support coverage has expired. Netgear is the WORST company to deal with. I have a question NOT related to the current product I have...but have an issue with the netgear android app that is NOT working at all...trying to reach netgear support but they are unable to help because i dont have extended warranty....its all about money money and more money but NO customer support from netgear to assist me in figuring out why the netgear android app has stopped working...

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
GT6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Customer complaint - I mean I AM SERIOUS!!! Netgear - please allow me to post this problem

I agree. Customer service is no help at all
Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Customer complaint - I mean I AM SERIOUS!!! Netgear - please allow me to post this problem

1. Customer suppoert is free for 90 days. It says it on the box. If you're out of that windows, it does cost $. Netgear can't provide free support for life and expect to be profitable. If you're wanting help from netgear and are outside of the window, it does cost $. 

2. There's the community support forum that you're posting on here that does help people for free. We can try and help, but we'd need actual details to help. 

3. When did the app stop working? And did something cause it like a firmware upgrade? App upgrade?

4. What version of the app are you on?

5. What firmware is on your router? 

6. is the router still working fine?

7. are you able to access the router from the browser? 

Message 3 of 5

@plemans wrote:

4. What version of the app are you on?

And is it Android or iOS?

Netgear - please allow me to post this problem

What's stopping you?

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@vpillai wrote:

I have a question NOT related to the current product I have...but have an issue with the netgear android app that is NOT working at all...

The App is an integral part of the product - standalone it does not have any use.

Total cost if good support is somewhere in the range of 50...250 USD per hour, depending on the market. That's why Netgear does close the free complimentary technical support for their products for 90 days from the original date of purchase - mainly intended for assistance on the set-up in the customers environment. Changing this would drive up the end user prices beyond any accepted levels.

With the same amount of effort and keystrokes fo the useless rant, you could report the problem in the community - including Netgear model, firmware, Android version, exact app name and version. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7