Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Customize Wifi Network issues on 2.4Ghz on a Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band Mesh (MK83)

Uno_Time
Aspirant

Customize Wifi Network issues on 2.4Ghz on a Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band Mesh (MK83)

Hey,

I am having issues with Customize Wi-Fi Network.  Below is some of the stats

• HW: Netgear Nighthawk Tri-band Mesh MK83
  • Firmware: Vi.1.6.10_3.1.97
  • Wi-Fi Channel is set to Auto
  • Guest Network is disable
  • In “Wireless Settings” the only item not enabled is MU-MiMO
  • Mesh configuration is backhaul is wired between
  • Been using for 1 year before deciding to enable Customize Wi-Fi Network

Issue with the below Customize WI-FI Network

• Wireless Network-Profile with issue:  2.4GHz
  • Security Options: WPA2-Personal (AES)

Every time I can get on the network it works for a short period. Then it loses internet connection. This is while the other network works find. Including the customized 5 GHz.

When I disconnect and try to get back on the Wi-Fi Network it gives me an error that to many Wi-Fi networks are using the channel on my iPhone

What I have tried:

Changed security options

Disable the SSID Broadcast

Reboot “a lot”

Multiple different SSID (“why not)

Downgrade firmware all the way back to V1.1.5.4

Could someone help me solve this?

Thanks

Uno

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Customize Wifi Network issues on 2.4Ghz on a Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band Mesh (MK83)

Did you ever try installing the latest firmware and then doing a factory reset/reinstall? During the new setup, don't use a backup configuration. Sometimes old settings can cause issues and a factory reset will clear those out. 

Message 2 of 8
Uno_Time
Aspirant

Re: Customize Wifi Network issues on 2.4Ghz on a Netgear Nighthawk Tri-Band Mesh (MK83)

Hey,

Yes I did. I did a reset with the button on the back and reset using the software menu.

Thanks,

Uno

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Are you using a switch in your system and if so, what one? 

Message 4 of 8
Uno_Time
Aspirant

Yes,

My home is setup by 3 floors. Each floor has either a NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS308) or a NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS305).

Thanks,

Uno

Message 5 of 8

It doesn't usually matter – many questions are generic and apply to most routers – but the MK83 isn't one of the standard  Nighthawk WiFi Routers covered in this section. It is Mesh, which seems to be a part of your issue.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

Message 6 of 8
Uno_Time
Aspirant

Will do, Thanks

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7