Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D700 Not compatible with FTTC NBN connections

Akacircles
Follower

D700 Not compatible with FTTC NBN connections

I don’t know who needs this info, but after spending 3 weeks of troubleshooting with Gearhead support and iinet (my ISP) I feel it should be shared in the hope that it saves someone time.

If you have an NBN connection that is FTTC or fibre to the curb, D7800 is not compatible.

I am told if you have another modem you can use the D7800 as a router, but it will not work in its own.
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: D700 Not compatible with FTTC NBN connections

Thanks for that. So much chaos and confusion surrounds NBN that every bit of real information helps.

Netgear doesn't help by posting a confusing KnowledgeBase article.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem.

It is a pity that Netgear does not make that clearer in its advice to NBN users. It might prevent people from wasting money on an incompatible modem router. They would be better off buying a simple router and using whatever modem their ISP provides, or buying one suitable for their Internet service.

Note that Netgear does not even recognise the notion of FTTC.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7