Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 and R7000 management

FJGoodwin
Aspirant

D7000 and R7000 management

I have a D7000 and wish to set up a R7000 in bridge mode at the other end of the house.  Can anyone please offer advice on how to achieve this?  Netgear Genie precludes me from accessing the R7000 as it defaults to the D7000.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: D7000 and R7000 management

If you are using the desktop version of Netgear Genie, then I'm not familiar with it.  What you can do, however, is this.  Disconnect the R7000 from everything except power and connect a single computer to it (via a LAN port, if possible, but through one of the R7000's Wi-Fi networks is acceptable).  Then, try routerlogin.com via a browser.  You should be able to log in and enable bridge mode.  There will be an option to specify how the R7000 obtains an IP address for itself.  If you opt for the default (DHCP), then you should, later, log onto your D7000 and set up an address reservation to assign a stable address for the R7000.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

How about reading the manual?  Here is a direct link to setting up bridge mode on the R7000.

Message 2 of 7
FJGoodwin
Aspirant

Hi TheEther.  I would like to thank you for your reply.  The issue is not so much how to set it up, because I have read the manual and I am sure that I would be able to do it.  That presumes however that I can access the R7000 via www.routerlogin.com, however it defaults to the D7000.  How do I get the option to choose the R7000 is my issue.

Message 3 of 7
TheEther
Guru

If you are using the desktop version of Netgear Genie, then I'm not familiar with it.  What you can do, however, is this.  Disconnect the R7000 from everything except power and connect a single computer to it (via a LAN port, if possible, but through one of the R7000's Wi-Fi networks is acceptable).  Then, try routerlogin.com via a browser.  You should be able to log in and enable bridge mode.  There will be an option to specify how the R7000 obtains an IP address for itself.  If you opt for the default (DHCP), then you should, later, log onto your D7000 and set up an address reservation to assign a stable address for the R7000.

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi FJGoodwin,

If you can't access the UI of the R7000 via the routerlogin.net, then try accessing it via the IP address of the R7000. The IP address is usually 192.168.1.1.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
FJGoodwin
Aspirant

Thankyou to both The Ether and JamesGL for their helpful replies.  With your combined advice I have been able to resolve my issue.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi FJGoodwin,

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7