Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2

Lukehumphreys
Aspirant

D7000v2

I am trying to get my nighthawk router to QoS to my PlayStation so I can play gaming without lag. As soon as anyone else in my house starts streaming (Netflix, bbc iplayer) I get 100+ ping and it becomes unplayable. Ever since I set the uplink bandwidth last night to 3 mbps it seemed to almost sort the issue but ever since then I can’t log into my 2.4ghz Wi-fi on anything and it only finds my 5ghz. Why is this? I ever went back into the settings and changed it back and I still can’t log into my 2.4ghz. Everything can still find it but just not connect to it. Anyone know why this is? I’m not brilliant at this sort of thing but just really want to sort my high ping issue out. I’m hard wired to my PS4 via cat6 Ethernet
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Re: D7000v2

Your subject says D7000v2, but the footer says R7000. Which is it?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 2 of 12
Lukehumphreys
Aspirant

Hello thanks for your reply

It’s the d7000v2
I changed the channel the 2.4ghz worked on and it sorted the issue however I still have an issue that when I game and someone in the house watches Netflix my ping goes to 150+ , can I use the QoS to prioritise my PlayStation to keep its required amount of internet to keep my ping low while someone streams a movie? It becomes so bad it’s unplayable!!
Message 3 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Lukehumphreys,

1. What is the firmware version of the D7000v2?

2. Yes, you can try using QoS and see if that sorts it out. Page 107 of the user manual linked here may help.

Dexter

Message 4 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Lukehumphreys,

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 5 of 12
Lukehumphreys
Aspirant

Hi Dexter

Thankyou for your help so far

Unfortunately it didn’t seem to work. All it done was lower my speed and upload to everything else in the house but still didn’t stop my ping issue on the PlayStation when someone else attempted to stream in the house. It is so frustrating that there doesn’t seem to be an answer to my issue
Message 6 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for responding. If the firmware isn't already on the latest version, which you can check here. You can try updating it and do a factory reset then check if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 7 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Any update for us @Lukehumphreys?

Dexter

Message 8 of 12
Lukehumphreys
Aspirant

Hello, no I havnt managed to check the firmware yet, the router is only 2 months old so I assume it would be? How do I check and I will do it tommorow
Message 9 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

You can log in to the device UI and check it from there by following the steps described here.

Dexter

Message 10 of 12
Lukehumphreys
Aspirant

hello dexter.

i have chedked for an update and there is no new update needed so i am up to date. do you have any other suggestions as to how i can sort this high ping issue? thankyou

Message 11 of 12

Have you checked with the PlayStation experts to see if there are any settings you can change at that end?

It may be that streaming and gaming require too much speed for both to work at the same time.

In that case, streaming may take over the priority. After all, which is worse? Stuttering games or a TV stream that is constantly buffering?

Maybe it is down to preventing anyone else from streaming while you are gaming.

Did you ever tell us what your Internet speed is?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7