Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 upgrade fail

Woiim
Follower

D7800 upgrade fail

I have had my router atuomatically updated the firmware and it hgas now stopped giving me a valid IP address according the the network troublwshooter in windows. The new firmware went from 1.0.1.60 to 1.0.1.64. I can connect to the internet with the wifi but can't connect with ethernet or access my other computers vis the router. I have tried to reset my router but it keeps going back to the new firmware. Is there a way I can get back to the old firmware or is my router bricked by this unwanted firmware upgrade?

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: D7800 upgrade fail

A factory reset only clears out settings, it doesn't restore an old firmware. 

If you go to the support site for your device and click on downloads and then click on "+view previous versions"

that'll have the older firmware versions. You can download it, extract it, and then follow the manual update process but use the firmware you downloaded. 

D7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: D7800 upgrade fail

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the DSL Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with DSL modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@Woiim wrote:

I have had my router atuomatically updated the firmware and it hgas now stopped giving me a valid IP address according the the network troublwshooter in windows. The new firmware went from 1.0.1.60 to 1.0.1.64. I can connect to the internet with the wifi but can't connect with ethernet or access my other computers vis the router. I have tried to reset my router but it keeps going back to the new firmware. Is there a way I can get back to the old firmware or is my router bricked by this unwanted firmware upgrade?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7