Highlighted

Re: DD-WRT and other third party firmware

Can I control ip bandwith with 3rd party firmware?
Message 301 of 501
Highlighted

Can Somone please give me a link where I can download 3rd party firmware thanks.
Message 302 of 501
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Just heard that a new Broadcom wireless driver has finally arrived in the hands of dd-wrt developers, and will be going into new builds. Been a long time coming, but hope on the horizon for moving beyond 24345M OLDD *smile*.
Message 303 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

RogerSC,

I saw that a little while ago. I posted about it in the Tomato forum in hopes that it could help make Tomato on the R7000 more stable (if they can even get or use it).
Message 304 of 501
Highlighted
Virtuoso

lethalsniper007 wrote:
Can Somone please give me a link where I can download 3rd party firmware thanks.

Kong's test dd-wrt firmware:

www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

Kong's dd-wrt repository:

https://cloud.serdarevic.net/public.php?service=files&t=81ba7d7baa30824bb87a823a52ebfa10

Have fun!

Shibby's tomato repository:

tomato.groov.pl/download/K26ARM/
Message 305 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

kong already has his test build up and running with the new driver. So far, so good according to people over there.

Can find here...

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/
Message 306 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

Since I can't edit (yet?), here is the driver version:

wl ver
7.14 RC89.21
wl1: Jan 28 2015 16:52:54 version 7.14.89.21 (r524987)

(is there some sort of probation period on posting? All my posts are flagged to be looked at by the mod)
Message 307 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

Can confirm, this new firmware is rock stables, but 5GHz performance is not as good as the latest netgear firmware.
Message 308 of 501
Highlighted
Novice

There are some bugs with the latest firmware. Calling any firmware rock stable with less than 24 hours uptime is a tad premature. Honestly I don't consider any FW stable without a month of uptime.
Message 309 of 501
Highlighted
Guide

UKEE wrote:

(is there some sort of probation period on posting? All my posts are flagged to be looked at by the mod)

No. that is the way this site works. Mod looks at and sometimes edits to remove redundant stuff, had this happen to me and his change was good, or to correct as well as to prevent flaming.
--bill
R7000 Firmware XVortex Merlin Port.

Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.
Message 310 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

kong has another build out: r26093

Looks like BrainSlayer's version this morning had some pretty serious issues. kong's release last night seemed to be very good for those testing with a few smaller problems (but no reboots).

Does anyone know if DD-WRT has the same high ping issue on the R7000 as Tomato ARM does?
Message 311 of 501
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

UKEE wrote:
kong has another build out: r26093

Does anyone know if DD-WRT has the same high ping issue on the R7000 as Tomato ARM does?

i heard the ping problem was also in the stock netgear firmware but that net gear fixed it or something ddwart has it to
Message 312 of 501
Highlighted
Guide

Never have had a ping issue with DD-WRT firmware on my r7000.
--bill
R7000 Firmware XVortex Merlin Port.

Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.
Message 313 of 501
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Yes, I've experienced the ping time issue with tomato ARM on the R7000 for every release of that firmware. Haven't seen that issue with any of the dd-wrt or stock Netgear firmware releases I've tried on the R7000.
Message 314 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

01R wrote:
i heard the ping problem was also in the stock netgear firmware but that net gear fixed it or something ddwart has it to

Per at DD-WRT, DD-WRT has corrected this issue on the R7000. I installed one of 's personal builds and can confirm that the ping issue is not present. No rebooting multiple times (like Tomato) required.
Message 315 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

I duno what THE ping problem is, but i got unstable ping replies with 2.4Ghz N.

With the router only connected to its power supply and just one client connected.

ping -t 192.168.1.1

Ping is 1ms for a period and suddenly a few replies 80ms or even 100+ms and then it drops back to 1ms.

Same results in a live situation, as well with Stock firmware as with Third party
Tested with multiple clients

Been mailing with suport for almost 2 weeks now, they came to the conclusion i should use a cable instead of Wireless. And having more then one wifi clients will lower my ping reply

I almost Cried

Im still waiting for a decent answer
=========================
Im no Expert, Im often wrong Smiley Happy
Message 316 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

bjwierda, If you are using a windows host and getting a spike in ping occasionally then this is normal for the default windows configuration. If you are concerned about it for gaming you can take a look at a 3rd party program called wlan optimizer. Typically adjusting auto config and streaming mode will remedy the problem depending on your wifi chipset. Hope that helps.
Message 317 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

Give this man a job !!

Running this tool made it 95% better and way lower spikes.

ty very much, ill inform netgear about this so they can help others with maybe the same isue, instead of saying use a cable
Im no Expert, Im often wrong Smiley Happy
Message 318 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

Glad it worked for you. It took me a long time to figure it out when I had the exact same problem Smiley Very Happy
Message 319 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

Does anyone have a link to the best DD-WRT firmware going right now? Is it still Kong's?

How well is it running for you? I am looking to set up my VPN.

Thanks.
Message 320 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

oh, one other question guys.. Do any of you know how stock firmware is handling VPN's? I am using PIA and would like to ingegrate it into the router. How stable is it? Thanks.
Message 321 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

killabee44 wrote:
Does anyone have a link to the best DD-WRT firmware going right now? Is it still Kong's? How well is it running for you? I am looking to set up my VPN.
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/ Make sure to flash with the R7000 .chk file if coming from stock and then go to the standard ARM version. The radio issues (rebooting, etc) have been cleared up by the new Broadcom driver that DD-WRT is now compiling into their firmware. Slowly, the bugs are being squashed but new ones are also appearing. I thought it was surprisingly stable and full featured. Worked well for me but I don't do anything fancy. Right now, I've moved it over to an AP to test an RT-AC68U running Tomato Arm 125 as my main. Good luck.
Message 322 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I see two bin files at that link. One looks like is for the R8000 (named dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R8000.bin) and the other is named: K3-AC-Arm/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin Im thinking that would be the one for the R7000, but I didn't see the model name in the name of the file. Just would like to make sure before attempting to flash. Would that be the one? Thanks.
Message 323 of 501
Highlighted
Aspirant

If you're going from stock Netgear firmware, you'll need to flash the special R7000 file first: dd-wrt.K3_R7000.chk After you get that going, you can go to the web administration and firmware upgrade tab and flash the following file: dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin The dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin file is for many routers when using DD-WRT, including the R7000, the RT-AC68U, etc. Good luck! Smiley Happy
Message 324 of 501
Aspirant

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am currently running DD-WRT on my router, so I won't be needing the .chk files. Thanks though.
Message 325 of 501
Top Contributors
Announcements