DETAILED/REAL TIME Network Traffic monitoring

lscouras
Follower

DETAILED/REAL TIME Network Traffic monitoring

I bought the Nighthawk R7000 router.  I'm disappointed about it's rather simplistic traffic monitoring tools. The only info. I can get from the stock browser GUI is some basic IP trafficmetering such as daily, weekly, and monthly totals passing through the router.

I've been keeping a monthly log of our Internet usage (we have HughesNet 50 GB service) and been noticing a steadily increasing rise in usage and exceeding our cap monthly since Jan. We do not stream videos or dowload large video/music etc. files.  I work from home but rarely do anything other than email. We have begun to notice that data is being used overnight and are trying to figure out specifically which system (there are 2 on the network) and which app mightbe running amuk. 

Is there an easy to use firmware update for the R7000 or a easy to use (that won't kill my router) software I can use on the R7000 to get detailed IP traffic stats for every device connected to the router (both wired + wireless)? If so, what is it? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: DETAILED/REAL TIME Network Traffic monitoring

Asuswrt-Merlin has more detailed traffic monitoring.  You can get it here.  This is third-party firmware, so the usual caveat emptor.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E