Re: DLNA OFFICIALLY removed from R7000 on latest F/W.

sktn77a
Virtuoso

I'm using V1.0.9.42_10.2.44.  It's been rock stable for over a year on my six R7000s.

Keith

(3xWNCE2001, FS116, GS116, 6xR7000, EX7000, EX6400)
Message 26 of 35
Global_Saffer
Apprentice

Then do not upgrade. I upgraded, then downgraded, and have had issues pop up that I did not have previously. My router was also rock solid before that. So much saltyness have ensued!
Message 27 of 35
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Actually, I did upgrade one of the routers but didnt like the results. Downgraded back and haven't had any problems with it.
Keith

(3xWNCE2001, FS116, GS116, 6xR7000, EX7000, EX6400)
Message 28 of 35
cledo
Aspirant

I too have been negatively affected by this. Just wanted to start a tally in case Netgear cares. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 29 of 35
IrvSp
Master

@cledo wrote:

I too have been negatively affected by this. Just wanted to start a tally in case Netgear cares. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

NEWS FLASH!!!!

They DO NOT care!!! It isn't only the R7000 that has had this happen to, also the R7000P, R8000, and R8000P now.

IF they did care, you'd see NEW f/w without Armour and the old features back in. Has NOT happened on any of the above. All these routers if you need ANY of the removed features you'll need to do one of two things:

1.  Stay on the last working firmware with those features and forgo any future fixes and security updates (very foolish to do this).
  2. Buy NEW ROUTERS with those features you need in them.

Message 30 of 35
Global_Saffer
Apprentice

They don't care. Not even a little.

Message 31 of 35
schumaku
Guru

@Global_Saffer wrote:

Customers: We like this feature!

Negear: <issues firmware update> What feature?

Netgear: We collected usage data and have removed the least used features only. 8-/

In my opinion it's fraud.

Message 32 of 35
IrvSp
Master

@schumaku wrote:

@Global_Saffer wrote:

Customers: We like this feature!

Negear: <issues firmware update> What feature?

Netgear: We collected usage data and have removed the least used features only. 8-/

In my opinion it's fraud.

Fraud would be for the new purchaser's whom bought the routers with a box that said it had those features AND if the router inside was alreadys UPDATED to V1.0.9.88 which removed those features. I doubt (but could be wrong) that this is the case. Old stock does exist the last time I looked a few weeks ago. That said, usually a router during install will do an UPDATE with no NOTICE of what had been added/fixed/changed. If the router didn't have the feature the person bought it for they surely could return it.

Those of us who had the router's and used the removed features, to me it is CRIMINAL THEFT!!!

They should have contacted the 'few users' first (or POSTED here to have those using the features to contact them), and some people can DISABLE the feature that sends data to them, so really have no complete data,  and offered suggestions or refunds to them. Did the do that, NO!!!! Even a BLAST E-MAIL to all users of those routers should have been sent with details and offers. I still get R7000 and R8000 e-mails which I no longer use, so they know how to contact me (and others).

Message 33 of 35
yddtime
Luminary

NG is taking away functionality that was purchased. IMO, any company with a conscience would have a buy back program for a situation like this.

R7000 is in the recycle bin
Message 34 of 35
yddtime
Luminary

@vindsl wrote:

NETGEAR DON'T GIVE A **bleep**. IF THEY DO THERE WILL BE TWO FIRMWARES FIRST WITH THE OLD FUTURES UNTOUCHED AND SECOND WITH ARMOR VIRUS INCLUDED. 

No, if they cared the new firmware would never have been released because it's full of critical bugs so there would still only be 1.0.9.42, the last working version.

R7000 is in the recycle bin
Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 51 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E