DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error

Bharath_Bekal
Follower

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error

My router DNS is configured to Get Automatically from ISP. From past few weeks i get DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN while trying to browse new pages for first attempt , if i reload the page it opens.

If i assigned static DNS IP(8.8.8.8) to my system i don't see this issue. It occurs only when DNS is pointed to the router .  Any suggestion how to fix this issue 

Model: NighthawkNighthawk X6 R8000
Firmware Version
V1.0.4.74_10.1.80

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error

A recent firmware update has broken DNS in several Netgear routers.

Solved: Re: R8000 - Have to load every page 2x after insta... - NETGEAR Communities

Backtrack to the previous firmware and wait for Netgear to mend it.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
charlenel23
Aspirant

I started to get the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error along with ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED since a recent update as well.  It is distressing and has been causing me anxiety.  I purchased the unit in March 2021 and it has been fine until now.  I have spent countless hours trying all of the fixes noted by others in the community and via online research to no avail prior to discovering that others in the community are having the same issue and have narrowed it down to a Netgear issue as well. 

Netgear do you plan to issue an update with the fix in the next few weeks?  If not I am done and will cancel my subscription and buy another brand.  Please advise.....

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5

@charlenel23 wrote:

Netgear do you plan to issue an update with the fix in the next few weeks?  If not I am done and will cancel my subscription and buy another brand.  Please advise.....

I don't know what "subscription" you have, but when it comes to mending broken firmware, this doesn't run on any fixed timetable. It is also a drawn out process that goes through various stages. (As you have found, this doesn't always work as effectively as it should.) So, don't hold your breath for "the next few weeks".

In the meantime, your best strategy is probably to revert to earlier firmware and wait for the update.

You have not told us what firmware you have on your router. I assume that you have done the obvious thing and checked the support pages for the R8000P to see if there is anything new there:

Nighthawk X6S R8000P | AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

including the recent "hotfix":

R8000P Firmware Version 1.4.1.82 - Hot Fix | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The support page is also the place to find older versions.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
charlenel23
Aspirant

Thank you for your advice!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements