Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DNS issues with R7900-v1.0.4.46 firmware

rbernabe
Tutor

DNS issues with R7900-v1.0.4.46 firmware

I just uploaded the latest firmware R7900-v1.0.4.46 and my PC no longer finds the DNS servers in the internet.  I can login to the router and local devices are connecting to it. It is not allowing any other internet connections to be made and I get DNS issue reported from Windows. See attach jpg

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: DNS issues with R7900-v1.0.4.46 firmware

You can copy and past your first post or wait and will have this thread moved for you. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

try downgrading a version. the latest rounds of updates caused issues with dns across multiple product lines 

I'd also recommend next time posting in the nighthawk forum and not the AX nighthawk forum. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

@rbernabe wrote:

I just uploaded the latest firmware R7900-v1.0.4.46 and my PC no longer finds the DNS servers in the internet.  I can login to the router and local devices are connecting to it. It is not allowing any other internet connections to be made and I get DNS issue reported from Windows. See attach jpg

Message 3 of 5
rbernabe
Tutor

Thanks. I figured that I would do that, I had to start up another router to figure out that it might be the latest firmware (which has never been a problem for me in over 10 years). I am so sorry that I did not put this in the other bin for forums, it is a Nighthawk Router with Wifi and I identified the model.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can copy and past your first post or wait and will have this thread moved for you. 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7