Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DOS(denial of service) = R9000 reboots!

Phishin4dmb
Follower

DOS(denial of service) = R9000 reboots!

This is unbelievable, that a router of this caliber literally reboots ANYTIME a denial of service attack happens. What's even more ADJECTIVE-UP is that I can't add A BASIC firewall rule, not a single flipping one! How come every other networking company in the freaking world knows how to do this, and have it in their products???

It's super freaking simple, and adding A firewall rule to block a whole region/country like, Russia, China, North Korea, for instant it's truly needed in the 21st-century. I can think of a crap ton of countries that I DON'T NEED INBOUND TRAFFIC FROM.

BUT .......... if this happens, expect your router to reset/reboot every single time as this router has continued to do for over a week now!

————-LOG—————

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 52.38.239.161, port 443, Sunday, February 28,2021 17:36:44

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 52.38.239.161, port 443, Sunday, February 28, 2021 17:36:14

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 128.116.112.16, port 443, Sunday, February 28, 2021 17:35:45

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 52.38.239.161, port 443, Sunday, February 28, 2021 17:35:43

[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 52.38.239.161, port 443, Sunday, February 28, 2021 17:35:12

————-LOG—————

ALSO:

it can't even email the logs through my Gmail service, which is another easy fix that I've seen multiple other users have.

I needed a powerhouse router to stream multiple 4K streams in a media test environment that supported Port Aggregation 802.3ad LACP, but a cheaper/NON-NETGEAR router might be more reliable at this point. I'm mad and extremely angry right now, cause I pretty much know what kind of answer I'm going to be get from the admin's here.

But I digress, I will be more than happy to apologize if they could keep the router from rebooting every time a freaking Denial of service (DOS) happens. What's even more messed up is they have an option to DISABLE - Denial of service (DOS) and port scan which would probably bring me some freaking functionality back. But then again I would probably lose all of my data, and that's all of their messed up stuff

I hope I can get an answer...........

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: DOS(denial of service) = R9000 reboots!

Netgear's firmware is great at creating false reports of DoS attacks. Many of them are no such thing.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – DoS attacks

Use Whois.net to see who is behind some of them and you may find that they are from places like Facebook, Google, even your ISP.

Here is a useful tool for that task:

IPNetInfo: Retrieve IP Address Information from WHOIS servers

If these events are slowing down your router, or causing other problems, that may be because it is using up processor time as it writes the events to your logs. Anything that uses processor power – event logging, QoS management, traffic metering – may cause slowdowns. Disable logging of DoS attacks and see if that reduces the problem. This does not prevent the router from protecting you from the outside world.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7