mediatrek
Virtuoso

Dated QOS Database R7800

The Dynamic QOS database for the R7800 is well over a year old now, with a release date of October 23, 2017 (version v4.1023.gb2747cb). I am assuming the same can be said for R7500v2 product as well.

Would anyone else like an updated database? I know I would. With other products that use the Qualcomm Streamboost Dynamic QOS engine, Qualcomm has been releasing to providers updated databases at least quarterly now. Any change Netgear can reach out to their third party developers they contract with to get an updated database file for the Dynamic QOS for this product?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5
RMinNJ
Luminary

Re: Dated QOS Database R7800

Yes   the Streamboost database is now over 2 years old.   I don't think NetGear is supporting it anymore.    

Message 2 of 5
madhatter
Apprentice

any update on this?

1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
RMinNJ
Luminary

Were you expecting netgear to reply here?
I dont think they provide a lot of replies here. I think the lack of updates for so long means they have stopped updating it. Of course they have no problem advertising the QoS as a feature and selling the router.

I've been using the QoS to limit my bandwidth for bufferbloat and it does a modest job at it..it seems to kick in about a quarter way through the dslreports test and then it helps the grade. I wish it had more features such as fq code etc. But I think its been abandoned by NG.
Message 4 of 5
madhatter
Apprentice

Thanks for your reply, does the ORBI use the same QoS database?  That's a newer router.

1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements