JBHusted
Aspirant

Dead R7000

Didn't have any (outside) internet connection this morning.  I *could* get to the router via the browser, so I did a reboot of the device (from the Admin page). . .and that's the last time the router responded.

I currently have a white power LED, white USB1 and USB2 leds, and white Wifi and WDS lights.

If I plug an ethernet cord into the back, I get a blinking white light indicating that the port is active, but I am not assigned an IP.  If I set a static IP, I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 (ping request times out).

I've done multiple 30-30-30 resets.

This is stored in an attached garage, and it has been hot here. . .but it failed in the middle of the night when it was cooler.

Any suggestions before I try to flash the firmware via tftp (and I'm not even sure I can push the files over)?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Dead R7000

Try the TFTP process, if this fails, the router is probably bad and needs to be replaced. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 2 of 4
JBHusted
Aspirant

Thank you for your help. . .but I just get "connect request failed".

I'll get 10-15 "good" pings, then it reverts to timed out or unreachable.

Reckon I'll use this one as a target and pick up another router.

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

@JBHusted wrote:

Thank you for your help. . .but I just get "connect request failed".

I'll get 10-15 "good" pings, then it reverts to timed out or unreachable.

Reckon I'll use this one as a target and pick up another router.

The tftp process is timing sensitive. During the time that you are getting ping responses is the only time you can actually get the tftp process to work. What I have done in the past is have 2 windows open. One running a continuous ping and the other all set to start the tftp process. first ping hit the tftp app. It should connect and push the firmware to the router. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements