Dead nighthawk?

windsorguy13
Novice

Dead nighthawk?

All,

About 3 months ago on the stock firmware (don't remember which version) I was having connectivity problems over wifi so I changed to DD-WRT and everything ran great for a few months. I woke up a week ago to find that my WiFi was no longer broadcasting and I couldn't access the web admin via wired connection. I rebooted, same issue, reset, same issue. After a series of resets, the DD-WRT admin page finally came up on a wired connection (still no wifi), so I took the opportunity to flash R7000-V1.0.4.18_1.1.52 trying to bring this guy back to life. The router rebooted as expected, broadcasts wifi as Netgear and Netgear5G (defaults), but it's not assigning IP addresses via DHCP, and as a result, I can't connect to it to access the web admin and change settings. I've reset more than once since the flash.
Any suggestions? I'm starting to think I'm SOL.
Message 1 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Dead nighthawk?

Hi,
If you have spare AC adapter, try that.
Message 2 of 6
CladMaster
Aspirant

Do a hard reset, find a paperclip and press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds til the power light flashes. Make sure that there are no other devices connected to the router other than the pc / laptop that you are using to configure the router.
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Use a static IP on your PC and then see if you reach the admin page
Message 4 of 6
windsorguy13
Novice

Damn, don't know why I didn't think of that. That did the trick, I'm in and back to stock settings. Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Good News!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements