Re: Default Password Incorrect following Factory Reset after latest Firmware Upgrade

soupsismyfav
Aspirant

Default Password Incorrect following Factory Reset after latest Firmware Upgrade

I recently updated to firmware 1.0.3.4 which wiped out all of my settings which was irritating enough. Now apparently they have changed the default password so that following a factory reset the key printed on the sticker is no longer correct. I had to connect via ethernet rather than WiFi only to find they have seemingly appended the MAC to the original default password. Why would there be no notification of this? 

These repeated firmware mistakes are making me seriously reconsider my purchase and I won't likely buy Netgear products again after this and the multiple security issues. 

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: Default Password Incorrect following Factory Reset after latest Firmware Upgrade

Hi soupsismyfav,

Did you mean the default password of your wireless network? If the router is reset the router's settings should from factory default.

Message 2 of 4
soupsismyfav
Aspirant

Yes, I am aware of what it should be and how it should work, which is why I'm pointing out the fact that it did not and is not working properly. I stated, "following a factory reset the key printed on the sticker is no longer correct. I had to connect via ethernet rather than WiFi only to find they have seemingly appended the MAC to the original default password". There was a change made in the latest update that updates the default password. 

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi soupsismyfav,

What is the exact model number of the unit so that I can try to reproduce your concern?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements