Highlighted

Defective Equipment and NetGear Fraud

My equipment is defective and has been from day 1.  After 2 hours on the phone with a customer service representative, I as told my product would be replaced.  They ignored my follow up inquiries until I was outside of the 90 day window, then closed the ticket.  Now they want me to pay to send them the faulty device at my expense.  This is the most blatantly fraudulent treatment I have ever received.  I cannot believe how positive NetGear's reputation is given the way they do business.  It is incredibly outrageous.  NetGear sent me a defective product and wants me to pay to return it to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Defective Equipment and NetGear Fraud

@ThisCompanyLies wrote:

My equipment is defective and has been from day 1.   

Nobody here who can judge, lack of any insight.

@ThisCompanyLies wrote:

After 2 hours on the phone with a customer service representative, I as told my product would be replaced. 

At this point, you should have received the RMA information by email, return address, RMA number, including a (print-out) label. Usually one does not receive an up-front replacement.

@ThisCompanyLies wrote:

They ignored my follow up inquiries until I was outside of the 90 day window, then closed the ticket.  Now they want me to pay to send them the faulty device at my expense.  

Unfortunately, Netgear has the habit to close the support ticket at this point - at least over here in Europe. Hard to contact them again if something does not work out as expected.

@Christian_R can you please assist this customer ref. the RMA/replacement service?

Message 2 of 4
NETGEAR Moderator

Are you able to provide me your case number I will escalate this issue so we can look into getting you an RMA.

Thanks 

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

@ThisCompanyLies wrote:

They ignored my follow up inquiries until I was outside of the 90 day window, then closed the ticket. 

90 days is support for set up. It does not apply to warranties.

That is at least a year.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements