Deleting old networks that are still showing as available

janeenps
Follower

Deleting old networks that are still showing as available

Hi.  I have a Nighthawk Router and range extender that I am using with an AT&T Router set in bypass mode.  I have turned off the ATT wifi as instructed and was able to set everything up well with a 2.5G network and a 5.0G network.  Unfortunately, I needed to change the names and passwords of the networks to keep someone we were sharing networks with from having continued access.  I was able to rename the networks and create new passwords (SSIDs?) and able to connect all of our devices to these new networks.  All seems to be working well, however, the old networks are still there,working and accessible.  I deleted the old networks from the "preferred networks' on my router settings/genie, but when I look for available networks on Windows 10, the old ones are still there and usable.  How do I delete the old networks and prevent them from being shown?  I called AT&T and they weren't able to help.  Thanks

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
netwrks
Master

Re: Deleting old networks that are still showing as available

They may be on your laptop, but if you don't have an SSID to connect to, they aren't usable. Every wireless client that connects to a wireless network has a history of the SSID's they have connected to. To get rid of them you need to delete / forget them. Follow this NG link to clean up your SSID's in Windows 10. https://kb.netgear.com/29889/How-to-delete-a-wireless-network-profile-in-Windows-10

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E