rodrife
Follower

Desktop Computer & Slower Speed with Router

Hello,
Router: R7900-P Tri-Band
Computer: Desktop - Win8.1
Internet Speed: 400mbps
Connection: Ethernet Cable Cat5E

I recently had my cable company to my home because I noticed my internet speed was at about 225 when I should be getting 400mbps. The tech checked the connection in and outside the residence and no problems were found. The tech then made a direct modem/computer ethernet connection and the speed registered 450mbps. After that, the tech connected a new cable company wifi router and the speed, again, came up at 450mbps to his mobile phone. So it boils down to my Nighthawk R7900-P is the problem. I have tried turning unit off and on, unplugging it and resetting, none of the options have worked.
How can the router be fixed to allow 100% of the bandwith to come through, losing 175 to 200mpbs is substantial!
Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Desktop Computer & Slower Speed with Router

What modem is it connected to? 

Waht firmware is on the router? 

Make sure access control, qos, parental controls, and traffic monitoring are all disabled.

I'd start with a factory reset and clean install. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the router is powered on. 

Then do a clean install. (not from a backup) During setup, again, make sure those services don't get enabled. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7