Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Detection Database Update Error - R7800

Casper5632
Aspirant

Detection Database Update Error - R7800

I recently purchased a R7800. I updated it to the latest firmware and tried to update the performance optimization database and got the following error:

Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later.

The current database release date is October 23, 2017. I have gone back 3 different firmware versions and factory reset the router a few times with no luck. I even tried the Voxel firmware and it has the same problem. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Detection Database Update Error - R7800

The R7800 is no longer sold since a while now. I've used the R7800 myself for 4 years and never saw a QoS DB update; not even once. There is no alternative FW that ships such a DB. There are no later than 2017 DB updates

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

it is no longer updated by NG/Qualcomm; not in a long time
Message 2 of 5
Casper5632
Aspirant

Has the router been discontinued then? That would explain why it was so hard to get, but I assumed that was due to the chip shortage.

Is there an alternate firmware you would suggest to support an updated dynamic QoS? I only got this router for the QoS after my last router had a traditional QoS. Having to input every port for every service I wanted to manage was a bit overwhelming for me.

And if thats not an option is there a way to manually update the database? I imagine theres a later version that the 2017 database that my router came with.

Message 3 of 5
microchip8
Master

The R7800 is no longer sold since a while now. I've used the R7800 myself for 4 years and never saw a QoS DB update; not even once. There is no alternative FW that ships such a DB. There are no later than 2017 DB updates
Message 4 of 5
Casper5632
Aspirant

Big oof on my part then. At least it still recognizes major download sources like steam and browser downloads so I am hoping it still performs decently with an outdated database.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7