Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices can't connect to wifi, but will work through hardline

Shiverman45
Aspirant

Devices can't connect to wifi, but will work through hardline

My house runs off of Wifi everyday, except for my wife's office pc which is connected through ethernet. Anything that gets plugged into a hardline will still work correctly, but all of our devices stopped connecting to Wi-Fi, so I went through the steps of turning off the power, waiting, and turning it back on, and Still nothing.  The router indicates that everything is working correctly so I called my ISP and they showed the internet is running fine.  I called Netgear customer support, but they were unhelpful. Since my device, Nighthawk AC2300 is over 2 years old I don't qualify for full customer support so the Tech wouldn't tell me what the issue is or what to do.  has anyone had this issue before? I'm not sure if it's a setting with my router or if I just need a new router?

Message 1 of 4
Kitsap
Master

Re: Devices can't connect to wifi, but will work through hardline

There is a good chance you have inadvertently turned off the Wi-Fi radios.  The second LED in from the far right side is a combination indicator/switch.  Press and hold for 2 seconds to turn the Wi-Fi radios back on.  See attached snip from the manual.

This would apply to either an R7000 or R700P.  The AC2300 you referenced is not a model number but a throughput capacity used in marketing.

Message 2 of 4
Shiverman45
Aspirant

That wasn’t the issue, the light was on. I reset my router back to factory settings but now I’m in worse shape. I can’t use the nighthawk app to set up my router because the app won’t connect to my router because it doesn’t have a signal. And I can’t login in the WiFi because the password reset and I don’t know what the original password was.
Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

What is the model number of your router?  AC2300 is not it.  Go to the Downloads section at the top of this page and download the manual for your router.  It contains instructions for reset and setup.

If you did a full firmware default reset, the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password is printed on the label on the router.

You do not need the app to set up the router.  Most likely better off if you do not use the app.  Use a computer connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.  On the computer use a web browser to connect to the router.  Details included in the manual.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7