Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices disappeared from network map

techtool-55
Initiate

Devices disappeared from network map

After updating Netgear Genie to latest revision V 2.4.52, 11 of my 12 devices dissapeared from the network map (only one left was the X4S extender).  I rebooted the router with no success. Problem seems to be with the software update.  I tried to re-install an old version of the software from 2014 but got a message that it was not compatible with my version of windows (?). How do I restore my network???

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
techtool-55
Initiate

Re: Devices disappeared from network map

I found the answer! - What you need to do after you access the network map in NETGEAR Genie is to click on the rescan button (two curved arrows) at the upper right corner of the screen. This brings all the devices into the map.  You have to do this EVERY time that you run NETGEAR Genie.  With the older version of the software you did not have to do this - it did it automatically.  Just another nuisance to remember!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] I tried to re-install an old version of the software from 2014
> but got a message that it was not compatible with my version of windows
> (?).

Which "the software", from where?  Which "an old version"?  When you
did what, exactly?  What was the actual message?  And what is "my
version of windows"?

You might also try uninstalling the installed version, before trying
in install some other version.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

All these Netgear Genie Apps, for Windows, iOS, or Android are just alternate user interfaces to the router Web interface.

Open the router Web user interface (nicknamed Genie, too) and check the Attached Devices there. 

What firmware version is in place on the X4S?

Message 3 of 5
techtool-55
Initiate

I found the answer! - What you need to do after you access the network map in NETGEAR Genie is to click on the rescan button (two curved arrows) at the upper right corner of the screen. This brings all the devices into the map.  You have to do this EVERY time that you run NETGEAR Genie.  With the older version of the software you did not have to do this - it did it automatically.  Just another nuisance to remember!

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Amazing - indeed, when doing a manual refresh on the WIndows 10 Genie App we see a much more complete list of connected devices than what the Nighthawk Genie Web UI does show (R9000 1.0.3.10 here).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7