Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Difficulty with router startup

Chetty
Aspirant

Difficulty with router startup

Just got a Netgear R6260-100NAS, AC1600 and had difficulty in startup. Only after I happened upon a firmware update during a log into the rotuter did everything come together. I was somewhat disappointed that when I initially got something of writeup from Netgear to launch the unit, it was on an email with a "do not reply" heading.  When the write up did not work it was quite frustrating.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Difficulty with router startup

@Chetty wrote:

There is no question. I am trying to get word to Netgear that their user support interface leaves something to be desired.  They never suggested updating the firmware, I found that by accident. And when they did respond, feedback was next to impossible.

During the setup process, after it has connected to the internet the router will go and look for new firmware. 

If you had problems with the setup, that's something else. Fix that and you will eventually get the firmware alert.

There is support for the R6260, including a manual, at the end of this link:

>>>R6260 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

In general, whenever I get some new kit I always look for new firmware, software and what have you. These things rarely ship with the latest versions.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

so what is the question? I do not quite understand what you wrote

Message 2 of 5
Chetty
Aspirant

There is no question. I am trying to get word to Netgear that their user support interface leaves something to be desired.  They never suggested updating the firmware, I found that by accident. And when they did respond, feedback was next to impossible.

Message 3 of 5

@Chetty wrote:

During the setup process, after it has connected to the internet the router will go and look for new firmware. 

If you had problems with the setup, that's something else. Fix that and you will eventually get the firmware alert.

There is support for the R6260, including a manual, at the end of this link:

>>>R6260 | Product | Support | NETGEAR<<<

In general, whenever I get some new kit I always look for new firmware, software and what have you. These things rarely ship with the latest versions.

Message 4 of 5
Chetty
Aspirant

One of the problems I had was at one point while logged in to the router, it said I had an internet connection. when I logged out I could not recognize anything that looked like an internet connection. I logged back in and eventually clicked on something that led to the firmware upgrade. Then everything was fine.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7