× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disapearing Port Forwarding Setting! What is the solution.

SniperStorm
Tutor

Disapearing Port Forwarding Setting! What is the solution.

My RAXE500 Keeps dropping the Port Forwarding setting.  I have 2 telnet servers running and a FTP server. Randomly they will just stop working for no reason. Then when I go into the settings for port forwarding they will be GONE. If I try to add them again it will tell me they are already there even though you cannot see them or they do not work.  I have seen YEARS of people with the same problem.  For me I have to reload a previous configuration I saved to disk.  But this is NOT a solution. I paid close to $500 for this thing and it just does not work with no solution in sight.  Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Disapearing Port Forwarding Setting! What is the solution.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How are you configuring the PF rules? 

Have you disabled uPnP prior to setting up the PF rules? 

Message 2 of 15
SniperStorm
Tutor

Hello and thank you for the help.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?   Firmware Version V1.0.8.70_2.0.36 It has been going on the last few versions also.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? It has worked with my last 2 linksys routers. It is only affected by this router.

How are you configuring the PF rules? With the normal port forwarding tab.

Have you disabled uPnP prior to setting up the PF rules? No.

Message 3 of 15
SniperStorm
Tutor

This is what the screen turns into. The rules are there and working right now. You just cannot see them to edit them or access them. Next pic is what happens when you try to add or edit them.

Message 4 of 15
SniperStorm
Tutor

Message 5 of 15
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

What's port forward rule do you use ?

one rule for ftp, two rules for telnet ? 

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

@SniperStorm wrote:

Hello and thank you for the help.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?   Firmware Version V1.0.8.70_2.0.36 It has been going on the last few versions also.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? It has worked with my last 2 linksys routers. It is only affected by this router. <So What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Have you disabled uPnP prior to setting up the PF rules? No. <This should be DISABLED prior to setting up PF rules. 

Message 7 of 15
SniperStorm
Tutor

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? It has worked with my last 2 linksys routers. It is only affected by this router. <So What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Answer Hitron #en2251.   This problem has existed with 2 different modems. If I set up my  old LInksys router everything works fine.

Have you disabled uPnP prior to setting up the PF rules? No. <This should be DISABLED prior to setting up PF rules.  

I disabled it and it still does not work as it should.

Message 8 of 15
SniperStorm
Tutor

I just had to reload the setting for it to work again.

I wanted to upgrade to 6e. So I spent $500 on this router, now going to spend $350 on a LInksys. I have no idea why this is doing this over and over and I have not heard a peep from my support ticket.

Message 9 of 15
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @SniperStorm ,

Can I know which rules that you setup for port forwarding ?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 15
SniperStorm
Tutor

I added a few pictures.  FTP, 2 Telnet, and one for OPEN VPN

Message 11 of 15
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @SniperStorm ,

Does it show correctly in port forwarding page for now ?

If yes, could you share the screenshot ?

Thanks

Message 12 of 15
gvinson
Aspirant

Has anyone found an answer to this?  I have the same issue where my PF rules do not show up in the list and they don't seem to be working.  I am trying to PF a standard TCP port with a custom service rule.

Message 13 of 15
gvinson
Aspirant

I previously had a Nighthawk 7000 and the port forwarding worked fine.  I tried disabling the uPnP as well and it did not fix anything.  Very frustrating as this was not a cheap router and you would think that the port forwarding would work especially since people purchase this for gaming purposes.

Message 14 of 15
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @gvinson ,

Can I know what's PF rule do you set ?

Or can you share the screenshot ?

Thanks.

Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7