Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disappointing experience - Nighthawk R8000P Router

sanjeevhegde
Follower

Disappointing experience - Nighthawk R8000P Router

I bought this router in April 2021. It stopped working on Aug 17th. Product is covered through manufacturer warranty for a year and it has only been about 4 months since I bought. 

My story starts on Aug 17th when the router stoppped working arounf noon time.

Customer service - I called about 5-6 times, each time the customer service tried to repeat the same restart modem, restart router, reset router and repeat. This, even after me telling them that the router is making unusually loud noise and it is running hot. Needless to say I spent hours with them, at least an hour every day for few days and about 2 hours first 2 days.

Really disappointed, knwoing that they could have issued me the replacement the same day instead of making me wait 4 days before doing so. 

Once they decided to give me a refurbished (for a product I paid full price) replacement after 4 days, I went and created a ticket on their site. Paid $30 for expedited shipping. Then, they decide to block shpping the replacement "silently" (no email or a phone call to me) saying they need copy of receipt. They could have asked for this information when RMA was created or when I was spending hours with them, they didnt. I accidentally checked the RMA status on 4th day and I saw the block. Best part is, they wont tell you how to upload the receipt. So, I had to call again. They made me send copy of receipt to a specific email

Once they received the receipt, they are telling me that the shipping will be 3 days after I provided the receipt, even though I had paid $30 for overnight shipping.

Meanwhile, I had to go buy another router and to get my internet back.

NOT BUYING ANOTHER NETHEAR PRODUCT ...

Really, when the customer is legitimate and it is NETGEAR equipment that is at fault, why do they have to harass the customer?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Disappointing experience - Nighthawk R8000P Router

Sadly, not much we can do on here as this is the community support forum where members of the public help out. Maybe a mod can help you to see about getting the priority shipping back since they kind of screwed you on that. 

@DarrenM Might be worth checking into. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7