Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disconnection

timstack
Apprentice

Disconnection

Woke up this morning and router Lights seems to be working fine but I have No connection from router (both Bands). So I did the factory reset and everything is working again. Was using .42 firmware which seemed very stable. Is this a known problem with R7000? I can always tell when something is wrong because my Samsung galaxy S8 says "No Authorization" and also my Ipad does not show WiFi.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

The Arris (or Motorola Surfboard depending on how old it is) SB8183 is a stand alone cable modem. Therefore the router must be in Router mode. The modem connects with a standard ethernet cable to the yellow socket in the back of the router.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

No, not normal at all?

"Woke up this morning and router Lights seems to be working fine but I have No connection from router (both Bands)."

Not very useful information? What are the LED colors?

Is the WIRELESS LED on?

"So I did the factory reset and everything is working again."

The reset the router to the DEFAULT state, and probably turned on the WIFI radio transmissions which didn't happen due to the button (LED) being off.

If this happens often, possible someone is pressing that button? Next time it happens, check the button first.

Message 2 of 5
timstack
Apprentice

Thank you for the response. I will take better notice of the lights next time it happens because had nothing but disconnects with this R7000. Again Thank you
Message 3 of 5
timstack
Apprentice

I have a set up question just using SB6183 with R7000 I should use Router mode correct? Not AP or bridge or other?
Message 4 of 5
IrvSp
Master

The Arris (or Motorola Surfboard depending on how old it is) SB8183 is a stand alone cable modem. Therefore the router must be in Router mode. The modem connects with a standard ethernet cable to the yellow socket in the back of the router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7