DoS causes router to drop Internet connection

rwalker
Novice

DoS causes router to drop Internet connection

So I've been experiencing behavior where when after some time of little or no activity, I'll start using a device like my iPhone on the routers network. Then the Internet connection will drop on the router. The only log line is:

[DoS Attack: Land Attack] from source: 255.255.255.255, port 67, Friday, April 03, 2015 04:54:49

Uh, this seems like my router is shutting down itself because it's getting DHCP traffic from my cable modem.

The ip for the Internet connection is zeroed out. Can't seem to renew it through the admin interface other than rebooting the router.

Why is my router dropping connection when I'm trying to use it after some inactivity?!?!?!

Message 1 of 3
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: DoS causes router to drop Internet connection

Have you tried connecting your computer directly to the modem and check if you encounter disconnection? This is to isolate the issue.
Message 2 of 3
rwalker
Novice

Re: DoS causes router to drop Internet connection

I don't see what this has to do with my issue, as the R7500 drops its connection until it's reset. I can connect to it otherwise and it functions correctly. It just doesn't have an Internet connection.

To satiate your request, I plug a PC directly into the cable modem for a day or two and don't experienceI the same behavior.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E