Retired_Member
Not applicable

Does R7800 latest firmware V1.0.2.68 fix the problem with pihole?

I used to let my R7800 update itself but then it updated to 1.0.2.62, which broke something with my pihole. There's a few topics on here from people who had the same issue. Only fix back then was to go back to 1.0.2.60 firmware which is what I did. It's been a long time now, but I've noticed the router's telling me that a new version of the firmware exists, 1.0.2.68, and I'm just wondering if this fixed the problem with pihole and if I should update it or not? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Does R7800 latest firmware V1.0.2.68 fix the problem with pihole?

Someone must know?

If you're wondering what issue I'm referring to, the last firmware seemed to break something with wireless clients. Even though I had all devices connecting to the router get their local IP from the pihole (and DHCP was turned off on the router), only wired clients would use the dns servers the pihole provided them. For some reason wireless clients got their IP OK from the pihole but would then proceed to be forced to use the DNS servers the router obtained from the ISP regardless of any settings or external factors making them bypass the pihole's blocking.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Well you've all been a big help. Thanks for nothing.

Message 3 of 4
CinciRouter
Tutor

Yes, v1.0.2.68 fixes the problem with pihole.  In .62 if you set your router to point to your pihole, you would lose internet connectivity.  Also if you hardcoded devices to point at your pihole, the router would intercept the DNS request and process it via whatever DNS server was configured on the LAN page resulting in nothing being sent to the pihole.  Both of those problems are fixed with v.1.0.2.68.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements