many thanks.

Alex

Message 1 of 26
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Does r7500 support NAT loopback?

I'm not sure if it does or not, take a look at this;

http://forum1.netgear.com/showpost.php?p=488253&postcount=10

I will ask Netgear, but with the Christmas/New Year break it may be a week or more before I get a reply.
Wilco_Muns
Aspirant

It seems when I'm connecting with wifi NAT loopback is working.
When i connect with LAN (by cable, not wifi) NAT loopback is not working.
It's very strange.
I'm using firmware version V1.0.0.76
Needs further explanation from Netgear.
Message 3 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

I have just completed the setup today. I cannot find any where to setup the loopback function....and it is not working.... 😞

I am using the firmware 1.0.0.82....
Message 4 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

Re?: Does r7500 support NAT loopback

Any ideas on the loopback issue?
I supposed there could be some sort of "official answer" here.....NAT loopback is not any rocket technology and there is no harm to say a clear "Yes or No"....isn't it?:confused:

If it is a "No", I can just give up. But now.....:(:(
Message 5 of 26
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'm awaiting a response to the loopback question, I will reply here with any update.
zanix
Aspirant

Just signed up for the forum because of this issue.
NAT loopback seems to work over wireless devices but not wired.
Message 7 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

really? I use apps from synology in my mobile, all DS Photo, DS File, DS Note don't work......

any settings are needed? Since I can't find this item in the interface.....

Alex
Message 8 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

OK, I have to admit I can't bear too many mysteries in my life.....I can't stop trying when someone said they can do something I can't.....

In my case, I have tried several apps and settings and found that:
ONLY the remote access function support NAT loopback, both in wired and wireless conditions BUT NOT in any other apps.

wired....it is driving me mad....
Message 9 of 26
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Netgear engineers are looking into this and suspect there may be an issue, if so then this may be rectified in the next firmware update.
mr_jdviper
Aspirant

It is very sad this PREMIUM router does not do this properly and after 3 days of talking with people at netgear I was informed there is no intent at this time to correct the firmware for this router to function to do this properly ... now im stuck with a router that i can not return because it was registered for warranty and I had to register it for warranty to get any support from netgear ... I have been a long time netgear user over the past 15 years 95% of my wireless hardware I have bought has been netgear now i have a so called top line router that cant do this simple function that I paid very good money for that i cant get back so now im stuck netgear needs to wake up this is complete bull i bet i could call linksys asus or d-link and id bet they would actually give me support with out having to register the router making it un returnable I hope this comment reaches some-one in netgear who actually cares because it seems as though they dont care about there customers I paid a high price just to get stuck with something that does not do something it should simple fact is with the rest of the features this router has why oh why cant it do this simple task the firmware design team on this in my opinion did not do there job properly i know when most people get paid to do a job you either do it or dont have a job anymore sad part is all the people i spoke with at netgear do not seem to think this is a big deal either but yet here we are online wondering why it cant do this its sad this expensive router can handle information packets properly and its horrible that i have to be stuck with a product that doesnt function properly maybe someday some one will wake up and actually address the issue simple fact is this routing task is now needed more than before due to new software programs that are entering the market that people at home want to use but cant use there premium model expensive netgear router and have it function correctly at any point in time i will gladly accept a refund from netgear for my full purchase price!
Message 11 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

The even more strange thing is r7000 supports this function flawlessly. Ridiculous. Why I know that?... Actually I was planning to get Asus AC87U. When I went to the shop, I found that r7500 has a better hardware config and the shop was selling r7500 in a little bit lower price. Then I picked r7500. It is the first time I brought netgear router. I used several Buffalo and Asus routers in the past. I thought Netgear should not be worse than them. I was warned, though, the firmware was the weak point in Netgear. Still, I took the r7500 home. Should I regret? When I was talking with my friend about the NAT loopback in r7500, I said I did not know whether it supports the function. My friend said, "How come it doesn't support it? It is impossible! Even r7000 supports it. I bet it is your problem that you don't know where to set it......" What else can I say?
Message 12 of 26
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As I posted above Netgear engineers are looking into this and they believe there may be a bug, they are aware of the issue and this thread.
mr_jdviper
Aspirant

as i was told they know and are not going to do anything about it that was from netgear tech support a couple of days ago.... which is complete bull seeing that a router of this caliber should be able to do this i guess someday engineering management might do there job right and not let something like this just "slide" in the mean time i have a router that i cant use or return due to netgears mandated product registration in order to get tech support... current average price $279.99 - not exactly what i would like to spend on a paper weight but thats what it is to me since i cant return it and it doesnt do what i need it to do & something it should do!
Message 14 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

To be fair, bugs are unavoidable and I believe they intended to make it works. Otherwise, it would not be working even for the remote control access.

It is the case in my old Asus and Buffalo routers. In my home I had to use 192.168.xxx.xxx:yyyy to control the router while in my office, I had to use xxxx.dyndns.org:yyyy to access it if it is needed. If it is the only occasion I need the NAT loopback, it doesn't matter a lot. At that time, it was the case.

Then the mobile world started. I can use a number of apps to access the files in my NAS. I am now not using any thumb drive at all. Everything is accessible from outside and the capacity is huge, not to mention the RAID 1 file security....Then NAT loopback is important. I have to change the log in site from IP to domain and vice versa all the time. That is the major reason I replace my well functioning Buffalo with some advance level router....Now you know why I keep asking this question.

Although I can believe the engineer intended to make it works, it is not working. It is merely software issue and nothing about the hardware. If it is working properly in r7000, that means they are able to write the codes. It is reasonable to expect it in the coming future, and not a far one.

I hope there were only some mis-understandings lead to "not going to do anything about it". We will see......
Message 15 of 26
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Netgear engineers have confirmed that there is a bug in the firmware and this will be corrected in the next R7500 issue. The timing of my discussions with Netgear engineers overlaps with the discussions mr_jdviper has had with Technical Support, and that is why the two responses don’t tie up.
alexthefool
Aspirant

That's good to hear that. Any idea for the date of the next firmware?
Message 17 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

Any idea when will be the next update?
Message 18 of 26
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sorry no, I don't know what will be included in the next release in addition to fixing this issue, so I have no estimated release date. I will update if I receive any further info.
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I still don't have a date for release, it has to go through various processes e.g. QA and as I say I don't know if there are plans for other changes to be included. But I have had it confirmed that the bug has been fixed and tested, and it will be included in the next release.
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Create a ticket for support team.

Message 21 of 26
mr_jdviper
Aspirant

well I have now had this piece of **** long enough thanks to tech support stringing me alone that now im ****ING STUCK with this GARBAGE so THANKS NETGEAR SUPPORT for NOTHING!!!!! aside from loopback issues it also mis behaves with port forwarding and triggering and I have also had to reset the router 6 times now from it dropping my internet feed...... now im stuck with a VERY VERY expensive paper weight NOT HAPPY!!!!!! hey netgear how about a refund for this POS or get someone off there goddamn ass and fix the ****ing problem!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 22 of 26
Anteln
Novice

Seriously, i too think it is about time for an update on this issue. It has been three months since the last update! What is the problem?!?
Message 23 of 26
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Please create a ticket as there might the a resolution for this case.
Message 24 of 26
alexthefool
Aspirant

OK, just created one ticket....hopefully I can get a resolution.
Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E